Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Gymnastics Party

The kids had a fun-filled birthday party at the place where they take gymnastics last Saturday. We had a huge turnout--20+ kids! They all had fun tumbling or just running or crawling around.
Three birthday cakes, compliments of Mimi. She took each child out to pick out their respective cakes. Abby selected a princess themed cake. Marie went with Minnie Mouse, and Will wanted "movie Cars" cake.

Here are Will and Marie in the midst of the tumbling action. These two are always together. When I ask Marie a question, she wants to know Will's answer. Examples: Me: Marie, would you like to wear shorts or a skirt? Marie: What's Will wearing? Me: What would you like to eat for dinner? Marie: What's Will eating? These two are so funny.


Here's Abby showing off her cuteness. She does her own thing. I think she thinks she's too mature for them. Now, she prefers to sleep in Will's room alone. If the other two try to wander in to play with her, she promptly calls me and asks me to lock them out of her room. She'll say, "Will and Marie are bothering me."


Notice the super cute shirts that match their cakes?! I bought them on Etsy for the occasion. I had everything so well coordinated!


The kids could not keep their mouths and fingers out of the cake. A couple of times, they just bent over the table and chomped on them! I guess they were claiming their own pieces.


We had a great time. I think the kids all went home tired and well fed. I'm glad we only have to do birthday parties once a year. It's a lot of work! How will I top that next year?

No comments:

Contributors