Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

3 Little Leslies

Having 3 kids the exact same age is so funny sometimes. There are so many moments when they are so sweet to each other, and I can't help but think of how blessed we are to have these "special" circumstances. They are behaving like little people these days, specifically, like little versions of me.

Whenever one of them coughs at meal time choking on something, or in the bath because they swallowed water, I pat their backs. Now, when they are in the tub and one of them starts to cough, the others will pat that one's back. They all think this is hilarious and will fake cough to get pats from the others.

Also, when I think someone has a poopy diaper, I'll ask them if they do, and usually, this will prompt Abby to go on diaper check duty. She'll walk around Will and Marie's backsides, pull their diapers, and peak in. This is just the way I do it! She will announce who has a "ca-ca."

The other morning when I left for work, poor Will got very upset. He was having a major crying fit, and Billy could not calm him down. Will threw himself on the floor by the gate crying, and Abby sprung into action. She ran over to him and started patting his back the way I do when they are upset. Guess what? He stopped crying. How cute!

They also do everything I do to Winnie. They hug her the same, growl at her when she's being bad (this is a trick from her Bark Buster's training-yes, Winnie has a personal trainer, but you can't really tell), and they tell her to hush when she's barking. Abby and Marie love to chase her around with her collar and try to get it over her head. When they succeed, they pat her and say, "Good girl," just the way I do.

They also pick crumbs up off the floor and throw them away. They grab their own dirty clothes and take them to the laundry room and throw them in the washing machine. Abby helps me unload the dishwasher in the morning. She knows how to dry the tupperware and the cabinet where it belongs. She also knows where the put the cutting boards and mixing bowls. She's usually the first up in the morning, and this is my early a.m. chore.

Well, even if the world can't handle 3 more Leslies, I could certainly use a little more help around here. I need them to pay more attention when I fold laundry and put it away. I could use some help there! Billy will also be thrilled when someone can mow the lawn for him. What do they have to be, at least 3 for that? :) Well, Drew is 15, and Kibby and Alice would probably still say he's good for nothing. I'll just keep hoping....

No comments:

Contributors