Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 2, 2011

Back To School



The kids headed back to preschool this week. We had parent orientation, and the Director of the preschool was talking about the carpool line and how no parent should get out of the car when dropping off because the teachers pull everyone out and take them in the building. Then, she stopped and said, "Oh, there is an exception. We have one family with triplets and that mom is allowed to get out of her car, and take one child across the back of the car and to one of the teachers waiting on the other side." We get all the perks!



The kids new teachers are very nice, and they only have one little girl in their class that they had as a classmate last year. The rest of the class is all new to them.



They got to meet everyone at the "meet the teacher" session a couple of days before school started. I was struck by how big so many of the kids were because they were close to turning 4, when my kids had just barely turned 3. What a difference a year makes!



I was a little worried at meet the teacher because Marie cried a lot and was clingy. Abby said, "I'm going to take care of you, Marie," and tried to pull her away from me, but Marie wasn't budging. Will was quickly running around with the boys, playing with matchbox cars and trucks.



On Thursday, when we got in the car to head to school, I asked Marie if she was okay. She said, "I'm going to have fun today. I'm not going to cry for you, mommy." Just like that, she was over it. The teachers said she was fine all day. I asked Abby if she took care of her, and Abby said, "No. She didn't cry, mom." Will promptly reported that he helped his friend Daniel clean up. Marie was excited because they painted school buses. I saw the school buses on the wall when I went to pick them up the next day. They had asked each child what they liked best about school and noted it on the school bus. Abby's said, "that I get to come back here again tomorrow!" Will's said "everything!" Marie's said, "painting!" Another reminder of how different they are. :)

No comments:

Contributors