Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why my time is so limited (besides the obvious)

I have been a neglectful blogger lately for several reasons. First, Billy has been super busy at work, which means I have been super busy with the kids. I put them down to sleep alone many nights, and after that exhaustive process, I can barely see straight, let alone write an entry for this blog.

Second, I am actually finishing my dissertation. It's almost done, and my defense date is set. I will have by PhD by the end of April! Because I'm getting that wrapped up, every free minute I have is devoted to completing that document. If I have one second to spare, I write a word in my dissertation. I am so thankful to my major professor who has been turning around drafts very quickly so that I can finish. We are planning our big weekend in Athens for graduation! We are thinking all about where we want to have the kids' pictures taken---Sanford Stadium, The Arch, etc. Mems and I are also busy planning their wardrobes for the ceremony. I wonder if I could find them tiny caps and gowns? Hilarious.

Third, the kids now have a cold, which means lots of wake up calls at night. Billy is out of town, and last night, Abby and Will both slept with me. As you can imagine, my sleep was very limited. Then, Will decided that 5:45 a.m. was a good time to wake up, and he proceeded to wake his sister up as well. This all adds to my level of exhaustion, and if every free second wasn't occupied with my dissertation, I would take every free second I had, and get some sleep.

I still ask myself, will I ever sleep? Unlikely. Oh well, I have to take comfort in the fact that I have some pretty freakin' cute kids. Check out the new pics below. Alice has been on my case to post. Here you go, fool!
Speaking of Alice, big shout out to her! She's expecting baby boy #2 in August. The woman thought she was peri-menopausal, but it turns out, she's knocked up. Way to make a baby, old lady! For all of you thinking, "How old is Drew again?" He's 15!! Yes, that means one day, Alice will have a 15 year old son and a 30 year old. Exciting times ahead!







Pictures of each one strapped into their car seats.

Marmie got them this bench for Christmas and paid extra for express delivery by Christmas eve. Billy just put it together last week. Sorry Marmie, but thanks! We love it.
I have 3 videos uploading at YouTube. I'll post them here when they are ready. They are so funny.

No comments:

Contributors