Monday, January 7, 2008

2nd OB Check

Sorry I didn't get this posted sooner. I have just been feeling so terrible, that I can't even bring myself to sit in front of the computer for an extended amount of time.

Anyway, I had my 2nd ultrasound on Friday, and everything is looking good. The babies were much bigger. They looked like little beans this time, instead of grains of rice. Two of them are a little bigger than the 3rd. We got to hear the heartbeats again, and they were so much louder than last time. It was crazy to see their progress.

They have little brains that are starting to develop and spinal cords. They are also sprouting little buds for their legs and arms. How does all that happen in 2 weeks?

As far as mommy goes, it's touch and go. I went a couple of days without throwing up, but then on Saturday morning, I woke up and immediately vomited. It was the worst feeling ever because there was nothing to come up. I just threw up bile. It was so gross!

Billy has become very helpful lately, but I had to have an emotional breakdown to convince him that I couldn't do this part of the pregnancy alone. For him, it was life as usual. He was going out to meet friends for dinner, drinks, XBOX game playing, etc. I was left at home hanging over the toilet, unable to prepare any food for myself, and having to take Winnie out several times a day. It was becoming very difficult to manage on my own. After I explained how much I needed him around right now, he stepped up to the plate. Thank God! He took over Winnie responsibilities, canceled plans with his friends, and even went to the grocery store for me. I am impressed and so grateful. Now, if I could just get him to stop farting. That's just one miracle I'm not going to get.

I'll ask Billy to scan in the new ultrasound pics so that I can get them posted. I also need him to take a picture of my growing belly. I'm already in maternity clothes. I cleaned out my closet this weekend and got rid of my "normal" clothes. All I left is stuff that was big on me before, stretchy, and/or maternity clothes.

I'm actually at the office today. I've been here a couple of hours, but I won't last much longer. People are starting to eat their lunches around me, and I can smell everything. Someone is having tuna, and I am going to barf. I have to bail out of this place stat!

1 comment:

kmehawkeye said...

yay! that is so exciting that the second ultrasound went well! How far along are you now? Let us know if we can bring you anything...we have been on Dexter lockdown at our house waiting for Baby E so I know how you feel!