Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

My latest food obsession

I have found that I get on these kicks where I want to eat very specific things, and if it's not that food, I don't want anything at all. I have already been through a pizza stage, a rice kripies cereal stage, a waffles/pancakes stage, a veggie burger stage, and a cinnamon roll stage.

The latest thing I've gotten into is Amy's brand organic, frozen meals. I ate the veggie loaf with mashed potatoes, peas, and corn yesterday at lunch. Then, at dinner, I had the Mexican tamale pie. Today, I had to go to the grocery store to get another Amy's meal for lunch, and I had the Mexican casserole bowl. I'm totally obsessed. I just e-mailed Billy a list of Amy's meals that I need for him to pick up from the Kroger across the street from his office.

The only problem with these obsessions is that I'm never sure when they will end. I could be all about this stuff today, but tomorrow, it may totally gross me out. I can't stock up on anything because it may all go to waste when my cravings change. It's the weirdest thing in the world. I'm just learning to go with it and eat whatever I can when the mood strikes.

I'm hoping the extreme nausea ends soon. I've heard from some friends that they started feeling better around week 10, but others said it took until week 16. I'm praying that in my case, I'll get some relief sooner rather than later.

I can't believe how many people we are hearing from with triplets these days! It seems like every time I turn around, somebody else is telling me about someone they know with triplets. This definitely makes me feel better...like it's actually doable. I think Billy still has his doubts about how all this will go, especially how we'll finance it all.

Kibby said we should draft a press release to send out to all the networks that love this type of stuff, like TLC, and get ourselves a reality show that will help pay some of the expenses. He said that we need to put a different slant on it so maybe we could claim that Billy is a recovering alcoholic to really get some drama going.

I can't imagine having a camera in my face 24/7...especially not right now. I just barfed, and I had enough of an audience with Winnie in there watching me. She was pacing around behind me crying. In between throwing up, I had to comfort her.

I'm amazed everyday by the outpouring of love and support from family and friends. Yesterday, my step-sister, Laura, sent over 6 huge bags of maternity clothes. My other step-sister, Caroline, has been sending out messages to all of her mom friends to see if they are looking to giveaway/sell stuff, and we just got a free crib yesterday! Vivian is also giving us Rose's crib so that's 2 down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
Just want you to know how much I enjoy your blog! Bill let me in on the secret before the holidays and now your blog is my guilty pleasure each day. He might have told you about my sister's struggle to get pregnant and I can totally relate having watched her go through it. Now, she is at home with beautiful twins born on new year's eve! I tear up every time I think about them and how blessed she is to finally have what she's always wanted...but double! Good luck and I'll be praying for the 5 of you!!!!

Julie

Contributors