Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

FAQ

I know I have lots of readers out there that follow the blog, and although I write about a lot of random stuff, I may not write about things YOU want to know. So blog followers, here's your big chance to ask your questions. If you have a burning question, please post it in the comments, and I'll try my best to answer it.


Lately, the most frequently asked question is, "Are you STILL breastfeeding those children?" The answer to that is yes. I currently pump milk about every 3-4 hours, and every day I produced approximately 60-70 ounces of milk. In between pumping sessions, I also nurse the kids from time to time, and they love them some boobie! Pumping is just more efficient and easy for me.


The next question is about the sleeping situation. Marie and Will are usually good for about 6-8 hours on any given night. Abby is a whole 'nother story. That child wants to eat every 3 hours. Vivian has been pushing us to start cereal in the bottle for weeks. I think I'm giving in tomorrow night. On my weekly trip to the grocery store tomorrow, I'm getting the cereal. I've got to at least give it a shot.

Another thing people wonder about is the amount of help we still have. I have to say, it is still tremendous. My dad is still with us every Tuesday and Thursday night, Billy's dad comes on Wednesday nights and sometimes a weekend night, and Vivian is usually with us on Sundays. Without all of this help, Billy and I would probably be filing for divorce (with neither one of us wanting custody of the children) by now because we would be the 2 most sleep deprived, cranky people in the world. I also probably would have been fired from my job because we need the help in the mornings so that I can get ready for work. Our nanny doesn't arrive until 8 a.m., but I leave around 7:15. If it our overnight helper wasn't here in the mornings, I would probably cruise into the office around 10 every morning, which wouldn't fly, especially since I usually leave around 4:30.

Most people want to know how we take them anywhere, and to tell you the truth, it's not easy. Most of the time, if someone wants to see us or the babies, they have to come to us. It takes us forever to get out the door with the babies and their related paraphernalia. We are always late. Tardiness is not anything new for Billy, but for me, it's very out of character, and I hate it. However, as the mother of triplets, I've had to learn to let go of little things like that.

Okay, now it's your turn. Post your questions in the comments. I'm ready to give you some answers!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Leslie, I love your blog! I am amazed that you pump that much milk. How much do you eat? When I was just pumping for just one baby I ate like a horse because I was hungry all the time.

Good luck getting Abby to sleep at night- even with the great help you have, you must be exhausted!

- Holly Komorner

Becky said...

Do you ever have time to just sit when you are at home?

bz said...

Even if she did, she would find something else to do. :)

Contributors