Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My eating habits

So, Holly posted the first question and asked about my eating habits since I'm the queen of the breast pump. Well, I am ravenous all the time. I would like to eat constantly, but I don't have time. The days that I work, I take tons of food and eat all day. There is a little kitchen on my floor, and I swear I walk down the hall to that kitchen 5 times a day. The people with offices along that hall must think I'm a pig. I should just keep a little cooler in my office, but I don't care. I'll walk up and down the hall as much as I want. They can suck it.


Seriously, I eat 2 bowls of cereal in the morning, juice and coffee. Then, by mid morning, I have a banana and a granola bar. By noon, I'm ready for lunch. I usually have a sandwich or a frozen meal and a yogurt with pretzels. Lately, we have had candy in the house and at work because of Halloween, and I'm constantly munching on it. That is definitely not going to help with my belly pooch.


I usually snack on hummus and pita chips in the afternoon, and I eat whatever is around until dinner. I then eat about 2 servings of dinner, dessert, and a bowl of cereal before I go to bed at night.

I'm also crazy thirsty. I could drink gallons of water a day, but when I'm with the kids, I don't have time. Therefore, once they go to sleep at night, I chug juice, water, gatorade, whatever we have around. I'm so incredibly dehydrated that I don't even have to get up to pee at night!

I read somewhere that a breastfeeding mom of a singleton needs an additional 500 calories a day. So, do I need 1500 for my three babies? I feel like I'm eating like I used to when I trained for marathons. I can't stop! I want to eat all the time. I'm off to get a snack....

No comments:

Contributors