Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

My snot-nosed kids

Tis the season for colds, flus, etc. All of my nieces and nephews walk around from now until next Spring with nasty runny noses constantly. I guess my kids are not going to be any different because it has already begun. My poor little babies all have colds. Will is worst off-he is just miserable, and it makes me so sad.

Two night ago, he was so congested that I had to steam up the bathroom and sit in there with him for 30 minutes to help clear him up. Then, he couldn't even sleep in his crib because of the post nasal drip. He had to sleep in his little papasan seat all night, and he looked so uncomfortable. Even through all this misery, he would still give me big smiles whenever I would talk to him. He was being such a brave little soldier!

Abby and Marie also have a cough and some congestion, but nothing nearly as bad as him. I don't know why he seems to get things worse than them. It's very strange. We were told during the pregnancy that white males had the worst outcomes in preemie births, and the doctor referred to it as "wimpy white male syndrome," but I didn't think it carried over into their lives beyond the preemie period. Well, I guess males are pretty wimpy when they are sick no matter how old they are....even some 32 year olds I know, but I'm not mentioning any names.

We took the kids to the md on Friday because they were due for shots, and they told us just to come in even if they were sick because they would check them out either way. They ended up not being too sick for shots, but I bet they wish they had been because they screamed bloody murder when they got them. I felt terrible.

One of the hardest parts about having triplets is that when it's just you and your husband, you can only comfort 2 babies at a time. Abby and Will had their shots first, so Billy grabbed one, and I grabbed the other immediately after their shots and held them and loved them. However, when Marie got hers, our hands were full, and the nurse had to pick her up and comfort her. I hated that I couldn't soothe her, but she did fine. We'll have to switch around the order next time so that she gets loved by one of us after shots next time.

They all were weighed are doing great. We have a new winner in the heavyweight division...Mr. Willers! He's up to 12 lbs 14 ounces. Abby is behind him at 12 lbs 9 ounces, and little Marie is 12 lbs 6 ounces. What's funny about Marie is that she looks super chunky, but it's because she's shorter than the other two. Abby's length continues to be amazing. She was in the 95th percentile for height for her age. That basically means that she is longer than 95% of other 4 month olds, which is totally amazing for a preemie. She's gonna be a tall girl.

No comments:

Contributors