Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Snip-snip

We have officially decided to cap off our baby count at 3. Effective approximately 2 weeks after August 14th, Billy will be sterile. After 3 years of struggling with my own infertility, I have now forced my condition on Billy. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the deal: VASECTOMY!


We had to go see a urologist for a pre-procedure appointment, where he basically explains what is going to happen. He said that we should think of the procedure as irreversible so we should be certain that we don't want to have any more kids.


I asked Billy if he was okay with it, since maybe one day he might kill me off and decide to marry a young, hot chick who wants to have kids. He said he would tell her he had all the kids he could ever want. I asked, "What if she really wanted them?" He asked, "How exactly hot is this other chick?" Typical.


Anyway, the procedure sounds pretty awesome. The whole description included lots of talk about shaving his scrotum, cutting and tying off tubes, and then cauterizing them, just to be sure. Then, he has to "take it easy" for a few days, which he will certainly milk for much longer than that.

The day for the procedure is actually August 14th, but he won't be sterile that day because there will still be spermies left in his tubes that he must get on out of there. Billy said it's TMI to describe how they get out, but you probably have a good idea. Clearly, I don't know what's TMI (see posts about breastfeeding, constipation, etc.), so it's a good thing he's around to let me know.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I've never commented but I've been reading for over a year. I'm a friend of the Cheeks and sorority sister to Liane.... Anywho- I had to comment because I thought it was hysterical- when I read snip snip, I was expecting a baby haircut story. Not so much. Thanks for the laugh! Love the blog. You really need to look into publishing it!

Contributors