Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Croup (Again!)

So, last year around this time, my kids got croup, and guess what, it's happened again! UGH!!! Last week, Will got a fever and then threw up several times. Marie did the same a few days later, and Abby followed up this week with the same routine. Did I mention that many of those vomiting fits were in our bed...in the middle of the night? We probably changed our sheets 5 or 6 times in two nights when it got particularly bad.


Throwing up and fever I can handle, but for each of them, it led to congestion, coughing, difficulty breathing, etc. Now that stuff, I HATE! It is so stressful to hear your child coughing all night and gasping for air.


It turns out they all have croup and are on oral steroids, which are making them CRAZY. Will is more aggressive than usual. He beats the crap out of his sisters, which has resulted in some backlash from them. Abby bit him on the cheek when she got sick and tired of the abuse. Marie just gets upset from the steroids. She stands in the middle of the family room, stomps her feet, and cries. My poor, little Bear. Abby just started today so we are yet to see the effects the meds will have on her. God, help us all!


I am so tired. I haven't slept in about a week...between watching babies to make sure they are breathing, changing sheets, listening to coughs, comforting upset children, etc., I think I have averaged about 3 or 4 hours per night since last Thursday. This reminds me of the good ole days of newborn triplets.


BTW-Marie broke my camera a couple of weeks ago. We ordered a new one last week, and I'm still waiting on it. That's why my picture posts are limited. I'm hoping to get you some new pictures next week.

No comments:

Contributors