Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 29, 2008

CMV test results

My ob called me on Friday afternoon with the results of my cytomegalovirus test. Apparently, I had the antibodies, meaning I have been exposed to the virus. However, I had no evidence of an acute infection, which means that I was not exposed to the virus during my pregnancy. That is good news, but it still doesn't explain what is going on with Baby C's brain. We are just hoping that the next ultrasound will reveal that the problem has resolved itself.

In the last few days, I have started to fill up much faster when I eat. I used to be able to eat a decent sized meal a couple of times per day and several snacks in between, but now, I feel full after just a few bites of anything. I guess I'm going to need to focus on getting a lot of my calories and protein through liquids. I'll have to do more protein shakes.

Today, I reconnected with an old friend from high school who also has triplets. She saw one of my messages on the triplet group listserv and e-mailed me. We talked on the phone for a while, and she shared her triplet story with me. It's great to have a connection like that! I'm sure I will stay in touch with her in the upcoming months.

I have been suffering from evening headaches on and off lately. I asked my ob about them, and she said that sometimes during pregnancy, your vision changes. You may strain without knowing it to read or focus, and this could cause headaches. It makes sense because I get them most often if I've been looking at the computer, reading, or writing a lot. I was writing thank you notes today and got a killer one so I just put everything aside and closed my eyes for a while.

I went out looking at houses again on Friday with our agent. This time, I saw several that I liked, which was very promising. Billy didn't come with us, but I figured we could go back to the ones I liked and have him take a look.

Sometimes when I go look at houses, I think that the people who live in them are crazy. We saw one house that was a "hot mess," according to my agent. They had clothes all over the place, the beds weren't made, and the vents were all dusty. I was shocked that someone would allow a potential buyer into his/her home with it in that condition. "Hot mess" aside, I liked the house.

There was another one we saw that had an in-law/nanny suite off the den. The suite had a little kitchenette area, a bedroom and bathroom, and the laundry room was there too. Our agent was saying we could lock up our nanny there and have her do laundry all the time. Too bad there was also a separate entrance there where she could easily escape us and our little monsters!

Once we get a house, we'll need to start making more plans for our nanny. The main characteristics I'm looking for are that she be old, fat, terribly unattractive, and possibly have a mustache. Yeah, yeah, yeah...she needs to be good with the kids and speak Spanish, but the last thing I need is Billy having the hots for our nanny. Obviously he digs the Latina chicks. We can't have some 18 year old, hot Mexi living with us. My self-esteem couldn't take it.

I had some good news on the job front on Friday. Did I write about an interview I had a couple of weeks ago? Well, I had one. Yes, I know it's embarrassing to show up to an interview with a big belly, but I did it. I explained my "circumstances" to the woman who interviewed me. Luckily, I knew her through other work I have done so she took it all very well. She seemed very interested in me for the openings they had, but they really wanted someone who would be DC-based. When she called on Friday, she told me that they have someone leaving an Atlanta-based position this summer, probably around August, and asked if I would be interested in that. She even said that they would be willing to work with me to accommodate a part-time schedule for as long as I needed. I was blown away and super excited. They haven't talked money yet, but the position sounds really great, and they have my salary requirements so that's promising.

The lady said that she was worried I would find something else between now and then and was hoping I wouldn't take another job. I assured her that with my growing belly, my job opportunities were become more and more scarce. She thought that was pretty funny. She then said that I might fall so in love with the babies that I never want to leave them and go back to work. I said that was more likely to happen when you had one baby, but that when you had three, going to work would be like going on vacation for a few hours every day!

Sounds like some things are starting to come together for us. I was really worried about having to find a job after these babies showed up, but at least I now know there is something waiting for me. In the mean time, she asked if I would be interested in doing some consulting work for her company. That's a nice way to make a little extra cash, which will all be diaper money soon.

No comments:

Contributors