Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The babies have hair!

We had an ultrasound today, and they were able to see that all of the babies have hair. Can you believe that? It's crazy to me that their lungs aren't fully mature, but that they have hair. Shouldn't things develop in a more prioritized manner? Oh well...I'm happy to not be having bald babies.

My perinatologist said that I have had an "A+" triplet pregnancy. She's very impressed with me, and she thinks that I can make it all the way to 36 weeks, which is about the longest women go with triplets. She said it would ultimately depend on my comfort level. I'm going to try to go as long as possible to make sure these babies are as good as I can get them.

The weights have jumped dramatically since our last check. Will and Abby both weighed about 3 lbs 10 oz and Marie was around 3 lbs 8 oz. They are getting big very quickly! I currently have more than 10 lbs of just baby weight inside of me.

The doctor asked if I had considered delivering vaginally because 2 out of the 3 are currently vertex (head down). I guess that the thought is that once those 2 come out, it would give the other the chance to flip around and come out head first. I told her I hadn't even thought about a vaginal delivery. My concern is that I would deliver the first 2 vaginally, but the third would have a problem, and I would end up having a c-section anyway. The thought of having 2 vaginal deliveries and a c-section all in the same day is completely unappealing to me. I think I'll just stick with Plan A and have the c-section.

No comments:

Contributors