Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sound the Brown Siren

In my family, we have what we refer to as the "brown siren." Here's the deal...When you are heading home from a restaurant, and you have the urge to hit the toilets, you need to throw the brown siren on top of your car to alert others drivers that you are needing to get to a bathroom stat, and you are willing to drive with reckless abandon to get there just a few seconds faster. Alice and I use the brown siren after almost every time we visit a Mexican restaurant.

Today, Abby woke up with the brown siren over her crib. She had diarrhea all day long. I had to change her outfit 3 times in 5 minutes. First she barfed on herself, and after that, she crapped through 2 outfits. At one point, I had poop all over my hands from a diaper that had leaked all over the place. Throughout the day I probably changed 10 diarrhea diapers from Abby alone. Mommyhood is so glamorous sometimes!

Marie joined her after breakfast with her own brown siren. She probably had about 6 or 7 'rhea diapers, and Will only had a couple.

Abby not only had diarrhea, but she also had the smelliest gas ever. I'm talking worse than Billy. She would fart, and the smell would hang like a stinky cloud all around her for several minutes. It was beyond gross.

We don't know if it's a bug or something they ate, but we are hoping it passes quickly. They have to drink Pedialyte (baby Gatorade), stick to breastmilk (not formula), and their diet is limited to rice cereal, bananas, and carrots.

Did I write that I'm making my own baby food these days? Yep, I'm crazy and decided that in my "free time," I would make food for the kiddos. So far, I've made apples, pears, nectarines, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, squash, bananas, avocados, and carrots. It's a huge cost savings. Ready made baby food is a total rip off!

I guess I better get ready for bed. I hope I'm not up all night changing diarrhea diapers. I also hope I don't wake up with the brown siren hanging over my bed!

No comments:

Contributors