Saturday, February 14, 2009

What is going on?

We had established somewhat of a sleeping routine at night, but the kids decided tonight that they weren't cool with it. They all went to sleep between 7 and 7:30, which is now their usual bedtime-thank God! I proceeded to make dinner, and Billy and I ate around 8:30. Soon after we finished up with dinner, I heard a baby crying. Abby is still up about every 3 hours, and it was her. I figured I would feed her, and she would go right back to sleep. That was not at all how things went.

I fed Abby, but she wouldn't go back to sleep. I kept trying to rock her, pat her back, pace with her, etc. Then, Will woke up, and Billy had to come take care of him. Billy fed him and started rocking him. Will fell asleep, but just as Billy went to put him down, Marie woke up and started screaming bloody murder. At that point, Will woke back up, and he was pissed. I tried putting Abby down, but she freaked out and started crying. So then, we had 3 crying babies at 10 p.m. For the next hour, we struggled to keep 2 babies quiet at a time, and 1 constantly cried. Abby did not cry herself to sleep. She just cried. A lot.

Billy was finally able to get Will to fall back to sleep a little after 11. I had taken the girls downstairs because their crying was keeping Will up. Billy found me asleep with my head between Abby and Marie's boppy pillows downstairs. However, both little ladies were still wide awake. At that point, Billy took Marie, and I took Abby. We tried again to get them to sleep.

Marie kept falling asleep but freaking out whenever she was put in her crib. Abby just didn't want to sleep. She just kept looking around. I finally breastfed her, and she passed out in bed with me. A little while later, I heard Marie crying in the monitor again. Billy had tried to put her in her crib again, and she was upset. I put Abby back in her crib and grabbed Marie. She came to bed with me and fell asleep. Then, a little bit later, I heard Will again. I took Marie to her bed and picked him up. He's currently in bed with Billy being fed. I had to pump-I was dying!

Anyway, if you look at my post time, you'll see what kind of night it's been. From 10 a.m. until 3 a.m., we've been dealing with 1, 2, and sometimes 3 babies. What has gotten in to them? I hope they sleep from now until at least 8 a.m. I'm still fully dressed and haven't brushed my teeth or washed my face. Gross.


kmehawkeye said...

wow. you are my hero!

Holly said...

That is pure insanity- I hope that did not happen again the next night!

Laura said...

It sounds like you guys had pretty much the same Valentines Day that you did last year. not.