Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

5 1/2 weeks

No, I'm not 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. If I was, I would have to quickly erase the previous post that says I don't want more kids because I wouldn't want that kid to read it and say, "I was an accident?! You didn't want me?!" Then, you have to go into all the b.s. about how they weren't an accident, and you love them very much, blah, blah, blah. This would surely land that kid in therapy for life. As it is, the kids we currently have may develop issues with understanding the whole "who's my mommy?" thing. I'm going to have to think about how I'm going to explain all that craziness to them.

I heard my parents give Liane the "you weren't an accident" speech. Although, it really was something more like this:

My dad: "I thought your mom was taking her birth control."
My mom: "You weren't an accident; I planned you. Your dad didn't really know about my plan, but it wasn't really an accident."

We always kidded with Liane that she was Mexican because my mom got knocked up there when we were on vacation. She's Montezuma's Revenge!

Anyway, back to the 5 1/2 weeks. This is actually the amount of time that Winne was healthy post-surgery before her other knee blew out. Yes, now she has torn the ACL on the other leg. The vet told us to expect that it would happen sooner or later, but c'mon now, 5 1/2 weeks? It's now time for another $3,000 surgery and 3 more months of recovery. This is going to suck big time-AGAIN!

Again, Alice went back to her suggestion of putting Winnie down. However, after having invested $3K in her just a few months ago, I'm not willing to give up on her. A friend of mine (hi, Lori!) said that when it happened to her brother's dog for a second time, her dad suggested amputating the leg. She said that was "old school" for you. That's not an option I'm willing to consider either. UGA Vet School...here comes Winnie.

No comments:

Contributors