Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Billy's late night ramblings

Billy has always been a sleep talker. There have been several occasions in the past where he has woken me up in the middle of the night to engage in a conversation that he does not remember the next morning. These conversations never make any sense. One night, he woke me up and told me to go look out the window. He would not stop telling me to do it so I had to go to the freakin' window. By the time I got back in bed, he was asleep again. Now that he is more sleep deprived, what he says at night has become even weirder.


The first couple of weeks after we came home with the babies, Billy would wake up convinced that we had one of the babies in the bed. He would wake me up and tell me to search the bed for a baby, but we didn't have the babies in bed with us (then). He wouldn't ever remember he even freaked out about this when we would wake up in the morning.


Sometimes, he does say something coherent, but he doesn't ever remember. Most nights, he'll wake up here and there when I'm getting up for feedings or consoling babies, and he'll ask, "Who needs to eat?" Usually, it's when I've already fed someone, and I'll say, "I just fed so and so," and he'll just respond "Sorry." He literally says "sorry" every time he talks to me at night. I'm sorry too that I have to get up a million times, and he hardly hears anything!


The other night, Abby was inconsolable, and I was holding her. It was probably around 1 a.m., and I needed to go to the bathroom, but I knew if I put her down, she would start crying and wake up Will and Marie. I woke Billy and asked him to hold her briefly. He was so out of it! He looked at me and pointed to his chest and told me to put a bouncy seat on him. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about, but he insisted. Then, he changed his mind and said he wanted a boppy pillow. I just told him to hold the damn baby so I could pee already. He held her, and he kept swearing it was Marie. I just agreed with him because I have found that works best at night. The next day, he didn't remember any of that even happened.

3 comments:

Kerin said...

This is hilarious! My husband talks in his sleep too, but I was the one who always woke up and thought there was a baby in the bed.

Becky said...

I still wake up (in a panic)and think Rowan is under the covers at the foot of the bed! Oh Billy...

EricCheek said...

My dear Lord! Leslie, you and I have MANY stories to share. Lady Cheek talks in her sleep like you wouldn't believe (not to mention that she kicks and punches).

Contributors