Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Arie's Multiple Personalities



When you ask Marie what her name is, she says, "Arie, M-A-R-I-E." She doesn't say the M, but she always spells it. She also knows how to spell Abby and Will. She's a smart little cookie.

Marie can be sweet one minute, and then, something will set her off, and she'll explode into a temper tantrum. You never know when it's coming, but when it comes, hold on to your effing hat, because the girl freaks her shit out. We are talking screaming at the top of her lungs, drooling excessively, throwing herself on the ground, looking at you like you are the biggest bitch in the world, etc. I never know what to do. I try to hold her, and she won't let me. Then, she'll put her arms out to me, but when I get close, she pushes me away. Typically, I just let her get it out of her system. After a few minutes, she'll say, "I all better now."

Marie never walks where she's going. She always has a spring her step. She runs, skips, hops, or scoots around. It's so cute!

We think Marie might have a touch of OCD. She has some strange little things she does. Like if she drips a little water, milk, or juice, she'll ask for a paper towel and wipe it off the table, but it's like excessive. She'll keep wiping, even when there's nothing there.

Marie is also so affectionate. She gives big hugs, and lately, she's been so kissy. When I put her done to sleep at night, she gives me kisses on my face, my hands, my arms. I love it. She's also affectionate and loving with her brother and sister. The other day, Abby woke up from her nap in a very bad mood. I brought her down to the couch and Marie was stroking her back and saying, "Shhh. Calm down. All better now." It was so adorable. Of course, Abby kept shrieking, but Marie did not give up.

No comments:

Contributors