Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dammit!

A few days ago, Marie asked me to get her water. It started like this, "Mommy, would you please get me my agua." BIG, cute smile! I was folding laundry on the table in our mega den, and I said, "I'll get it as soon as I'm done folding this." Then, Marie's response was to slap the table where I was folding and say, "Give me my agua, dammit!" I was shocked. She was still smiling sweetly at me through it all.

I resisted the urge to die laughing, and calmly stated, "That's a bad word. We don't say that. Where did you hear that word?" Marie answered, "Oh, Daddy say that. Dammit!" What a relief--it wasn't me.

Abby and Will overheard our conversation and had to join in. After they yelled "dammit" at various objects, Winnie, themselves for about 30 minutes, with me ignoring them the whole time, they stopped. I haven't heard it again. I don't think it's going to be the worst thing I hear out of their mouths.

No comments:

Contributors