Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Serving my time

I don't know why I haven't posted anything in a while. I have nothing better to do now that I'm a prisoner in my own home. I guess I haven't felt very inspired to write, since nothing eventful is happening.

I now spend my days on the computer for a couple of hours each morning. Then, I have to get on the couch so I can put my feet up for a while. During that time, I usually fall asleep or I watch mindless television shows. My brain cells are slowing wasting away.

At the end of my couch time, typically someone shows up to walk Winnie. Vivian came last Thursday and my dad was here on Friday. Poor Viv was shocked by the power of Winnie. She showed up in flip flops, and I made her change into sneakers because Winnie would pull her right out of the flip flops. I sent her walking with a bag of treats for Winnie because bribing Winnie is really the only way to get what you want from her. Winnie quickly caught on that Vivian had treats and didn't know how to use them, so she would just nudge Vivian's hand every so often, and Vivian figured that was the sign to indicate it was treat time. They ran out of treats pretty quickly that way.

After my mid-afternoon visitor goes, I usually resume my post at the computer for a few more hours. Then, at around 4, I hit the couch again until Billy comes home. When he arrives, I get up and make a quick dinner of some sort so that I'm on my feet no more than about 30 minutes. I actually look forward to making dinner because I feel like I'm doing something, but by the time I'm done, I'm exhausted. Therefore, the rest of my evening is spent on the couch until I go to bed. It all sounds so exciting, doesn't it?

I think it must be working because I haven't felt any contractions since I returned from the hospital and that's the goal. After one night there, I really didn't want to stick around for another 9-10 weeks! I have to say, though, that the Ambien they gave me to sleep while I was there rocked my world! I have found it extremely difficult to get good rest during this pregnancy, and the Ambien totally knocked me out, which felt good. However, it wasn't worth staying at the hospital for.

I ventured out of our condo for the first time yesterday. I went to my dad's house for lunch, and there was an open house around the corner from him that I walked through also. The house was fine, but overpriced and needed a total kitchen remodel. When I got back from my outing, I had to take a one hour nap to recover.

It's a good thing I don't go many places any more because I really don't have much to wear. I remember that my sisters and friends who have had babies always have said that towards the end of their pregnancies, they only had 3 or 4 things that fit them. I'm already at this point, and I have another 9 weeks to go. Pretty soon, I'll only fit into Billy's XL t-shirts and huge maternity panties.

I think I'm going to order a bunch of reading material this week from Amazon. Everyone talks about the books "Babywise" and "The Happiest Baby on the Block." I figured I should read them before the babies come and start trying to perfect my techniques.

As for the home search, it continues. Billy went looking this weekend, and he didn't see anything he liked. Our agent is doing more searches for us, and she is going to start previewing properties so we don't waste our time seeing stuff that is terrible. She knows what we like by now.

I guess that's all I have to report. Did I already post the results of my gestational diabetes screening? It was negative-I'm gestational diabetes free! My next doctor's appointment is on Friday. The hope is that I have not experienced any cervical changes because once my cervix starts changing, it means serious bed rest and possibly hospital time.

No comments:

Contributors