Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

A whole lot of the same

These days, my life is pretty monotonous. I spend most of my nights tossing and turning, trying to get some sleep. The babies try to prevent me from sleeping by kicking and punching excessively when I'm in bed. Abby is the most feisty one. She doesn't like any pressure on her so if you put your hand on my belly in her general area, she will punch and kick like nobody's business. My belly is like a 3 ring circus!

This past Sunday I was at my dad's house for lunch, and Paul wanted to feel one of the babies moving. Sure enough, he touched Abby's general neighborhood, and she started fighting back. Then, Marie got cranking, and Vivian put her hand to feel her. Before long, Will was also going strong. It was general belly craziness!

Most of my days are spent sending and replying to e-mails, keeping up with my part-time job, reading, watching tv, eating, and petting Winnie. It's not exciting, but it keeps the babies cooking.

I also have lots of visitors, and I really appreciate the company. Today's thank yous go out to Kate, Laura, Alice, and Maureen. Kate has visited me twice in the last couple of weeks, and each time, she has brought lunch and taken Winnie for a walk. Today, she even brought turkey meatballs for some dinners this week. Laura, my step-sister, cooked us a feast last week. Maureen made us dinner 2 nights last week and made extra jambalaya on Sunday so that we would have leftovers. Alice did our laundry for last week. She sent me an e-mail before picking it up that she would not tolerate any skid marks so we shouldn't include any excessively dirty underwear in the laundry pile. I assured her that unlike Drew, we were efficient wipers, and she wouldn't have skid marks to deal with.

Although most of our major household duties are farmed out, as you can see from the paragraph above, poor Billy's load has picked up immensely. He was used to coming home from work and sitting on the couch for the rest of the evening. He would watch tv and/or play XBOX games. Now, he has to do some of my old responsibilities, and I sit on the couch all evening. I think that cleaning up the kitchen after we have dinner is his least favorite. I feel like I'm always nagging him about it, but he doesn't think about it because that's not part of his regular routine.

On top of all of the stuff he has to do, he is also our designated house hunter. He saw about 20 houses on Saturday alone! I know it's all overwhelming and incredibly frustrating because we just can't seem to find something that we want. He took me to see one that he liked on Sunday, and it was a very cute house. However, the house has no backyard-it's a steep, downhill slope that is heavily wooded. I need to have some space for Winnie to run around in a confined area. I know she'll never be an outdoor dog-she is entirely too needy for that. When she has to do her business, though, I won't be able to run out the door with her and leave behind 3 babies. There will need to be a space where I can let her go for a while.

My babies update is that I saw my perinatologist on Friday, and she said that my cervix is still long and closed. I don't have to go back to see her for another 2 weeks. Let's hope that keeps up!

My contraction monitoring directions have changed since last week. I had a few days where I was having excessive contractions, but I didn't feel any of them. My ob decided that I should only monitor when/if I actually felt contractions because those are the more important ones. Otherwise, I do not have to hook up to the monitor. That's been a relief. I've felt contractions a couple of times and hooked up to find out I was having 7 or 8 an hour, but with more terb, they quickly get under control.

Things aren't terribly exciting, but that is a good thing for now!

No comments:

Contributors