Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Careful what you wish for

In one of my blogs before I knew I was pregnant, I wrote that I wished that I would just wake up one day and barf so that I would know I was pregnant. Well, looks like all of my wishes are coming through. My friend, Jamie, warned me to be careful what I wished for!

Last night, I came home from Billy's office holiday party early because I was exhausted. It was 11:30, and I've gotten used to going to bed by 9:30 these days. Billy stayed behind and didn't come home until 3:30 a.m. It woke me up when he got back because Winnie went crazy barking and growling. She's quite the guard dog. Anyway, I woke up nauseated beyond belief. Billy tried to kiss me good-night with his nasty liquor breath, and I thought I was going to throw up in his mouth. Then, I couldn't go back to sleep until 5 a.m. I felt awful. I woke up around 10 a.m. again and got up to brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. I proceeded to dry heave at that point.

I've heard from other women who are or have been pregnant that if you eat something, it's very helpful with the nausea. Therefore, I went ahead and ate breakfast, but it wasn't really getting any better.

We went to the 11:30 service at church, and I almost lost it when we had to sit two people deep in the pew. I needed to have quick access to the aisle to make an escape if a barfing episode snuck up on me. Thankfully, I did not have to run out, but I felt like death the whole time.

In the car on the way home from church, Billy farted, and that was it. I could feel my breakfast making it's way up. If you have smelled his farts, you know what I mean. They could make you barf even if you weren't the slightest bit sick. I rolled down all of the windows, even though it was freezing cold, and once the air cleared, the worst of my nausea passed.

I got home and laid down on the couch and basically remained there all day in and out of sleep. I have not vomited, but I think it's only a matter of time. I'm not going to complain, though, because this is a good sign. It makes me feel like everything is going the way it is supposed to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is saltines!!!! Have them stashed everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the anonymous...I can't figure this thing out, it's Becky

Jamie said...

This is about how far along I was when it hit me, too...definitely keep the bland foods around at all times...(saltines, like Becky said, ginger ale, pretzels)...and eat fairly frequently. Good luck :)Hopefully it will pass quickly. And maybe you can ask Billy to keep his farts away from you for a while...

kmehawkeye said...

I've never been so happy to hear someone say they've thrown up!

Contributors