Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 9, 2007

To tell or not to tell

So now that I'm pregnant, and I'm beyond excited, I want to tell everyone. However, I know that most people don't tell until they are 12 weeks. I don't know what to do about this. I've had to tell some people just because they wonder what is up with me lately.

Like today, I was taking my usual afternoon nap and Billy left to go to the office for a couple of hours. He ran into a neighbor of ours outside, and she asked where I was, and he told her I was asleep inside. Well, I went to take Winnie out a few hours later and she was outside again walking her dog. She asked if I was okay because Billy told her I was sleeping, and she didn't think I was the napping type. I didn't know what to say so I told her I was pregnant. I didn't want to lie. She was really happy for me and said she had a feeling I was because she saw me out with Winnie yesterday and said I looked different. She said she couldn't tell exactly what it was, but that my stomach looked fuller or rounder, and she sensed something different about me. Isn't that weird?

Last week, we met with a new realtor that is going to list our condo, and she was asking why we wanted to move. Billy said, "Well, we are just ready to go. Leslie, I don't know if you want to expand on that." The lady turned and looked at me, and I had to say, "I'm pregnant." I didn't know how else to "expand" on that.

So, I feel like I'm telling all of these people I don't really know that well, but we are not telling some of our friends who we know well, but who aren't that close. I don't know where to draw the line.

It's especially hard during this time of year because we are going to so many parties and seeing so many friends, acquaintances, co-workers, etc., and they see that I'm not drinking my usual 2 glasses of white wine, but I don't want to blab it out yet.

Speaking of which, we went to a party that one of Billy's co-workers threw last night. We were talking to this guy Billy used to work with, and I picked up some veggies from the table and was munching on them as we spoke. The guy looked at me, and said, "You must be pregnant. That's why you are eating all that healthy crap." My response was, "I eat like this all the time." That is not a lie. I am a healthy eater, but I almost choked up my carrot stick.

The other part of keeping this secret is the freakin' progesterone shot. I have to get it every night around 9. On Friday night, we went to see a movie, and Billy had to give me the shot in a parking lot near the movie theatre. Then, on Saturday night, we were at the party I mentioned above, and we had to go out to the car for him to give me the shot again. The people who threw the party live in a loft near Virginia Highlands, and the whole place is open. There was nowhere to go for privacy. It would have looked too kinky for us to go into the bathroom together. Just as he was about to give me the shot, some guy he knows pulled up next to us in his car, and we had to pretend like we were looking around in the car for something. Billy said that I lost my cell phone, and we were checking to see if I dropped it in the car.

It's getting close to 9 p.m. now so I have to go prep the shot and get my pajamas on. My nap didn't cut it for me today. I need more sleep!

No comments:

Contributors