Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Reactions

We have been sharing the news about our babies with more family members over the holidays. Billy called his uncle Franny in Philadelphia yesterday to tell him the news, and he was so excited when Billy told him I was pregnant. Then, when he added the "with triplets" part, his uncle said, "You have got to be shittin' me!" When Billy told his grandmother, she said, "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!"

When I told Alice about the triplets after the ultrasound, she just laughed hysterically for about 2 minutes. Once she calmed down, she said, "Good luck with that." She said she needed to start practicing how she was going to hold all three babies at once.

When I talked to my dad, I said, "I have a number for you." He asked if he could guess, and I told him to go ahead. He guessed 2, and I said, "a little higher." He said, "NO! You are kidding me. You are kidding me, right?" I think he's still recovering from the news.

My cousin, Cuqui, who lives in Miami could hardly believe it. Alice told her about it, and she said, "Oh, Alice, I know how you like to kid. You are just pulling my leg right?" She had to call me to verify the story because she wasn't buying what Alice was telling her.

Liane told Cooper about the babies in my belly, and he is very confused by it all. When they were in town, he said he wanted to play with Wasie's babies, so he came over and lifted up my shirt to see where they were. Well, when there were no babies to be seen, he started complaining that Wasie's babies were mean because they didn't want to come out and play with Coopie. Whenever the bring up Wasie's babies with him he says that they are hiding and won't come out.

As for me, I'm still getting used to all this. It's really difficult to go from struggling to ever get pregnant and have just one child to being pregnant with 3 tiny babies. I'm just trying to enjoy this stage and be happy that we are finally going to start (and finish) our family. Billy, however, is getting very caught up in all of the little things. He's stressing out a lot how we are going to be able to deal with 3 children-physically, emotionally, and financially. I admit, it will be difficult, but we will figure it out, and I'm sure we are going to have tons of help.

My nausea is continuing. It tends to get worse at night, which is strange, since I thought it was more "morning sickness." I try to get a bunch of stuff done in the morning when I feel okay because I know that by 6 or 7, I will be on the couch in nausea agony. Fortunately, I got some Zofran, which is an anti-nausea medicine, and I think it helped. I picked it up yesterday, and I took it for the first time last night and was able to get down a little dinner without too much trouble.

When I went to the pharmacy to get the Zofran, my doctor's office had already called it in. I know my pharmacist pretty well...not because I'm always on drugs, but because he is a runner, and we sometimes do the same races and talk about them. Whenever I stop in at CVS for anything, I stop by the medicine counter to chat with Sam. Anyway, he knows we've been dealing with all of this infertility stuff for years, since he fills all of my prescriptions. When I walked up to his counter today, he said, "Well, what's up?" He had a big grin on his face. He knew what the Zofran was for. I told him I was finally pregnant, and he was so excited for me. Then, I said it was triplets, and he started to laugh, thinking I was kidding. I told him it was no joke, and he said, "When you go, you go big!" He told me his wife ran a marathon 9 months after having their daughter. I don't think I'll be quite ready for that...maybe a 10K.

No comments:

Contributors