Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The story

Sorry for not posting last night. I had to clean up after book club, and I didn't finish up until 11:30. By that time, I was exhausted.

So back to yesterday. I went in to the doctor's office at 9:30 for blood work. Everyone there knows when it's your big day, and they all wish you luck as you visit each desk from the receptionist, to the lady who draws the blood, to the lady in billing who takes all our money. Anyway, I was just trying not to get my hopes up. The nurse said she would be in touch later in the afternoon with my results. I had to go in to the office for a couple of hours for a meeting so I figured I would find out when I got home in the early afternoon.

Billy took the day off yesterday so that he could be there with me to celebrate if it was good news or just support me if it was bad. Therefore, he was at home while I was at my meeting. When I finished up my meeting, I went back to my cubicle and saw that I had a missed call from the doctor's office. They had called at 11:45. I wasn't sure if that was a good sign or a bad one. I called Billy and told him I missed their call. We decided I would come home and wait for the call with him.

I got back home around 1:45, and Billy wasn't around. I called him on his cell, and he said he had run to pick up a package I ordered from Ace Hardware, and he would be home shortly. When he arrived, he came inside and asked me if I could help him bring in the package. I told him that I was not allowed to do any heavy lifting until I knew my results from the test. He said the package was light but awkwardly shaped. I reluctantly agreed to go help him.

As we were walking out to the car, I saw that there were flowers in the back of our SUV. I assumed they were for support, which I thought was sweet. I thought they would have a note about how he loved me no matter what the results of the test were, blah, blah, blah. Well, he opened the back of the car, and he had the movie "Knocked Up" propped up against the flowers. I was confused because he told me that the movie "Super Bad" was coming out today, and that he was going to run out to Target immediately to buy it. I was like, "Why did you buy the wrong movie? I thought you were getting 'Super Bad'." He said, "Congratulations, Mommy!" I was so confused. I started crying and so did he. I couldn't believe it.

It turns out that when our nurse couldn't reach me on my cell number, she called home, and Billy was there. He answered the phone and got the good news, but he didn't want to tell me over the phone! What an amazing surprise!

Anyway, here's some additional information he picked up from the nurse. The pregnancy hormone that they measure is HcG. A normal, healthy level for being 4 weeks pregnant is above 50. My level was 618.5! Having a level that high could be indicative of multiples. I'm so excited! I have to go back again on Friday and next week to re-check all of my levels. Then, the week after next, we'll get to have an ultrasound to see how many of those little suckers stuck!

I called Liane immediately after Billy told me to thank her for the amazing gift she gave us. Without her, we would not have been able to get to this point. I make fun of her dirtiness a lot, but I love her and am so grateful for what she has done for us. Billy said to tell her that they made a good mix. :)

Billy and I are so just so happy, and we know that many of you have been saying your prayers and thinking about us, and we want to also thank you. I told Billy that this whole process is about a mix of faith, science, magic, and luck. You all have definitely provided more than enough faith to get us through it all! Keep it up in the coming months. We will definitely need your prayers and support if this turns out to be triplets!

No comments:

Contributors