Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 2, 2007

The Dirty Bibs Story

I checked in with Liane last night. I mentioned before that she has vertigo, and she had a doctor's appointment yesterday to determine if she needed some additional medications and/or procedures to help her resolve the symptoms. I asked her if she had gotten the green light from her doctor to proceed with the cycle. She said, "Hell, no. I didn't even mention it." Then, she proceeded to say, "I don't need anyone holding this crap up." Those are my thoughts exactly, but I am still concerned about her health. I guess if she's thinks it will be okay, it will be.

I asked if Friday was her last day of Desogen. She didn't know what I was talking about. I clarified it was the birth control pill, and she said that yeah, she thought it was her last day, but she wasn't sure. She told me she would check her paper where she had it written down. I'm getting more and more worried about all of this. If you saw her house, you would know why. I don't know where that paper is, but it may be tucked under her pillow on her bed next to 10 dirty, crusty baby bibs. There's just no telling.

Okay, I have to tell the dirty bibs story for those of you who don't know it. Billy and I were visiting Liane and Jason one weekend, and we were on the couch watching tv one night when Liane walked out of her bedroom carrying 5 or 6 bibs that had crusty, old milk all over them. I asked where they came from, and she very calmly explained that when she the baby in the middle of the night, she would put a bib on her so that she wouldn't get milk all over her. Then, when she was done, she would tuck that bib under her pillow. She had accumulated about a week's worth of rotten bibs in her bed at the point that she decided it was time to get them out. It's little things like this that make me worry.

She called the doctor's office today to determine the next steps in her protocol. Then, she called me and asked why she was going to get her period. She was ready to start up the egg factory. I explained that they have to mimic a real cycle so she has to get her period, and then, they will give her medicines to put her body's natural egg production in overdrive. She seemed to be fine with that.

Liane will be coming to town tomorrow. She and Jason have put an offer on a house here so she's going to come and actually look at it tomorrow. That's right folks, they put in an offer sight unseen! She saw it on the internet and sent Caroline (our step-sister, who is an agent), Alice, and our dad over to see it. When they said they liked it, she decided it was time to make a move.

She will be staying 2-3 weeks, depending how long her cycle takes. I will have to be all over to ensure she sticks to the protocol. She's gotta take a lot of meds, and some have to be taken at specific times. I'm gonna be a wreck, and she'll be her usual care-free self. I wish I could have some of her attitude sometimes.

Vivian still insists I should have used her eggs. She gave me the whole list of reasons she would be an ideal candidate when I found out I needed a donor: her vegetarian diet, her active lifestyle, her OCD, her age when she had Rose (35) with no complications, etc. When I mentioned her as a potential donor, my doctor said she would be a second choice because she was too old. Vivian was highly offended and is convinced that if the doctor took out some of her eggs, she would see that they are perfection. Rose is pretty damn cute, but those eggs have been rotting another several years since Rose came along. Who knows what's brewing in her ovaries these days. Who am I to talk, though?

I started the Estrace pill today in my mouth. Don't get excited, it's not pill in the lady business time yet. I'm sure I'll have plenty to blog about when that gets crankin'. I also started the baby aspirin. The baby aspirin has been shown to increase blood flow to the uterus, allowing for a thicker and healthier uterine lining. I'm all about a good, thick lining.

By the way, I'll be out of town until Wednesday, and I'm not sure if I'll have internet access while I'm away. I'll get you all up to speed when I return from DC next week.

Thanks to those of you who have posted comments. This blog thing is fun!

No comments:

Contributors