Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanks to my cheerleaders!

I want to make sure I devote an entry to all of you who have been supporting me throughout this process. It's amazing to me how many of you are reading my blog and sending me prayers and positive fertility vibes! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and caring.

I have had 3 friends already call and offer to host the book club that I'm supposed to host next week. I have a friend bringing me dinner tonight. I've had countless calls and e-mails from folks wishing me well and telling me I'm on their prayer lists. I'm so overwhelmed by your love and generosity. Thank you!

I often will hear about or talk to women who go through fertility treatments in complete isolation. They will say that they don't want to share what they are experiencing because they feel guilty that they can't get pregnant...that somehow they are lesser women because their bodies are not doing what they are made to do.

I think it's time to take infertility out of the shadows. Women should not feel ashamed that they can't have a baby the "old fashioned way." It's not their fault, and they shouldn't behave like it is. I have talked about my struggles since the beginning because I don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around me when discussing pregnancy and babies.

I've also heard of infertile women saying that they can't even go to children's birthday parties, baptisms, etc. because it reminds them of what they can't have. These women are making things more difficult on themselves. I know that it hurts every time someone else gets pregnant or has a baby or has an event to celebrate a child, but the more you pull away, the more isolated you become. That doesn't do you any good in the long haul.

Every once in a while, I've heard stories of infertile women who do not have supportive husbands. This must be the hardest situation of all. I can't imagine going through this process if Billy wasn't committed 100%. He has had to experience many small humiliations (as I chronicled in the previous post), put up with my mood swings, and be strong whenever I fall apart and begin to think I can't handle another shot, more hormones, another round of treatments, etc. He is my #1 supporter, and I couldn't be more thankful for him and his love. Sometimes I watch him with our nieces and nephews and think about what a wonderful father he is going to be and how much I want that happen for us.

Well, that's enough of the sappiness for now. I want all of you folks who are sending us fertile thoughts to know that I am keeping a list, and you may find yourself getting a call to babysit the Zeigler triplets in a few months!

No comments:

Contributors